Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Welcome to Vandeventer Black's Workers' Compensation Blog

I am pleased to introduce Vandeventer Black's Workers' Compensation Blog on which I will be posting case studies, suggested practices and policies, and general observations about the workers' compensation system in Virginia, as well as the federal system pursuant to the Longshore & Harbor Workers' Compensation Act. I, along with my fellow Vandeventer Black workers' compensation attorneys, hope to be able to address your concerns, answer your questions, and provide insights gained over many combined years of legal practice in these areas. I anticipate making this blog a productive, and interactive, tool for insurance adjusters, employers, (and yes, even injured workers -
although, if you are an injured worker reading this blog, be sure to read the disclaimer above. This blog is not designed to give legal advice about any specific case or set of facts; cases must be analyzed individually), and other attorneys. So, please let me know what you think, and what you want to know. - Lisa 

My first substantive post will follow, and aptly addresses the Employer's Accident Report, which is generally how a workers' compensation claim gets its start. It therefore seemed appropriate that it be used to give this workers' compensation blog its start.